EFS PACE: The Cost-effective Way to Finance Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades are a great way to improve property values and cut energy costs. And now these upgrades are more achievable than ever thanks to PACE—custom-tailored financing that gives you access to low-cost, long-term capital. Financing can be completed with the owner’s existing financial partners, local lenders or national PACE financing companies.
Benefits of Financing through EFS PACE:
- 100% of the qualified project cost is financed.
- Up to 20-year Loan Term
- To qualify for PACE Work’s financing, your project must generate positive cash flow (i.e., energy savings must offset project cost). This can help drive positive net operating income and increase property value.
- Annual assessment payments may be passed through to tenants (who also receive the benefits of the energy savings). Assessment payment typically qualifies as an operating expense (for triple net leases).
- Tax obligation is attached to the property—not the owner. It’s transferred to subsequent property owners and there’s no “due on sale” clause.
- Meet building sustainability goals with no additional debt.
- Flexibility to choose your project team to install custom-tailored clean energy and efficiency improvements.
Qualifying property types:
- Solar panels
- And more!