As of January 15, 2018, Energy Finance Solutions (EFS) is pleased to offer financing to residents of Ohio served by AEP Ohio for the installation of recommended eligible energy-saving measures. This program offers eligible customers the opportunity to finance energy efficiency equipment installations that are completed by a participating AEP Ohio contractor.
- Residential owner-occupied, single-family and duplex homes
- Unsecured loan (homeowner provides no collateral)
- Borrowers can finance $2,500 - $20,000
- Fixed loan terms from 5 to 12 years (depending on the loan amount)
- No prepayment penalty
- Can finance 100% of installation costs
- Quick approval process
- No application fee
Interest rates are determined using the FICO score of all borrowers and range from 9.99% - 14.99%. The FICO score will be determined after a customer submits a credit application. Loan repayments are fixed monthly payments, and loan terms can range from 5 to 12 years, depending on the loan amount.
The AEP Ohio Energy Efficiency programs are designed to help customers increase their home's energy efficiency and save money. Rebates are also offered for the installation of approved energy-saving measures. Click here to see the list of AEP Ohio’s Efficient Financing for Consumers Program rebates/eligible measures.
Below are three ways that you can apply for the AEP Ohio Energy Efficiency Financing Program.
A) Apply online
Click on the link below to submit an electronic credit application.
Online credit application
Applying online is the fastest and most convenient way to apply.
B) Print the application
Download the credit application. Please note the credit application is not a contract for a loan nor does it lock you into any commitment with a contractor. The credit application will allow us to proceed with your request for a loan to finance your improvement(s).
C) Request an application packet by mail
You may request an application packet by mail by calling 1.800.525.6214.
In order for Energy Finance Solutions to fully process your loan, you will need to email, mail or fax the following information in addition to the signed and dated credit application. If applying online, you will have the opportunity to upload these documents at the time of application.
- Some applications may require proof of income (such as recent pay stub, or if self-employed, a copy of your previous year's federal tax return). If additional information is needed you will be notified of the specific documentation required to process your application.
- Copy of recent utility bill, showing the service address, and electric usage.
Energy Finance Solutions
431 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719